Saturday, June 6, 2009

Introduction

Welcome to the blog of the Museum Maven!

I am a soon-to-be professional public historian interested in history and "cultural" museums and sites of all kinds. Since my earliest years on family vacations, I preferred visiting castle ruins and the birthplaces of famous women and men over amusement parks. I have visited plenty of both but never considered sharing my observations with anyone other than my patient (and likewise museum-loving) mother until now. I hope my entries will serve as part-review part-publicity for the various sites I visit during my travels. As I am based in the Upper Midwest, my entries will be biased towards that region, but I am an enthusiastic and frequent traveler and hope to add entries on museums and historic sites around the world.

Happy reading, all! And please support your local museum or historic site!

No comments:

Post a Comment